Good Eats for Good Reads — Drive-Thru Dinners on May 4, 2022
Take a vacation from cooking on May 4 with these book-themed dinners, side dishes & desserts.
20% of food sale profits will go to the Library Program in our 5 schools!
The Education Foundation and the school district’s Spartan Catering are again joining forces to offer a Drive-Thru Dinner to raise money for grants to teachers that will enhance learning in the BH-BL Schools — plus money to enhance the library program as our librarians see fit.
Click here: Givebutter.com/GoodEats2022 to order food items
- How to Catch a Turkey Traditional Turkey Dinner including gravy, stuffing, mashed red bliss potatoes, glazed carrots, cranberry sauce, roll & butter. $15 (Plus a Gluten-Free version of this. $15)
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Dinner – Baked penne with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Served with meatballs, Italian bread, and a side salad. $15
- Where the Crawdads Sing Shrimp Etouffee Dinner – Very flavorful & a touch spicy. Served with dirty rice & corn fritters. $15
- Strega Nona’s Favorite Pasta Dinner – Vegetarian lasagna layered with a rich marinara sauce and vegetables, and topped with a béchamel sauce and cheese — plus Italian bread and a side salad. $15
- Mac and Cheese – Spartan Catering’s famous macaroni and cheese as a side dish. A creamy favorite. $6
- Fruit Salad Friend Fresh Fruit Salad – A medley of cut up, fresh (not canned) fruits. $6
- Blueberries for Sal Blueberry Pie – A slice of fresh-baked yumminess. $5
- James & the Giant Peach Cobbler – Cobbler with a crumb topping. $5 (A Gluten-free version of this is available too.)
- Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Decadent Chocolate Cake with chocolate ganache icing. $6
- PLUS You can celebrate Star Wars Day on May 4th (“May the Force be with you!”) with our Wookiee Cookies. A set of two large (2-oz) gingerbread cookies hand-decorated to look like Chewbacca, everyone’s favorite Wookiee. $6
Click here: Givebutter.com/GoodEats2022 to order food items or to make a donation to the Foundation.
The final day to place an order is Sunday, May 1.
On May 4, your pre-ordered food will be ready for pick-up under the name on your order form from 4:30 – 6:30 pm. Please enter the High School back parking lot, pull up to the back patio, and stay in your car. Volunteers will be there to take your name and bring your bag of food out to you.